The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 3/30/2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Lottery is where you sign-up for an ASE program to participate on. The lottery sign-up allows for everyone to have the same chance at getting a spot on a program of their choice. It is possible to come to the lottery and not get on a program as demand sometimes exceeds the spaces available, but there is a waitlist.
Come to Lottery with an open mind; all programs will provide rewarding experiences.
How does the lottery work?
- Pick up a Lottery Packet in the ACT Outreach Center, starting 2 weeks before each Lottery event.
- Bring completed Lottery Packet and deposit, check/money order ONLY made out to "ACT", to lottery.
- Upon arrival to lottery you will be assigned your official lottery number.
- If you are not there by the start time, you will only receive an opportunity to sign-up following the entire lottery process. If you cannot make it on time or at all, communicate with us before lottery and we will save you a number.
- A random number generator will begin selecting numbers. When a person's number is called, each person will proceed to sign up for the program of their choice until each program is full.
- Once you sign-up for a program, you must submit your deposit. Deposit amounts vary per program, check the Lottery Packet for specific details.